Please find below the Terms & Conditions for JGLS Catering
These Terms and Conditions (including the Booking Form) apply to the following as may be applicable:
The Company’s supply of catering services to other persons or companys either within a 5 mile radius from Aylsham, Norwich, Norfolk (“Local”) or outside of that 5 mile radius (“External”).
The contract will be between the Company and the Customer (stated below and hereinafter referred to as ‘Customer’, ‘you’, ‘your’). These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Prices and Services
1. All prices listed are exclusive of VAT, except where stated.
2. If the rate of VAT increases, JGLS Catering reserve the right to increase the total cost of the event by the amount specified by the government, on events already booked.
3. If Prices include crockery, cutlery and professional uniformed waiting staff where stated on your catering package.
4. Table cloths and linen napkins may be included in your catering package, however if additional linen is required for cake tables and/ or present tables a supplementary charge may apply.
5. If the number of guests attending exceeds the numbers originally booked, and we are able to cater for them, we will charge, at the prevailing rate, for the greater number.
6. If the number of guests is less than originally booked, we will still charge for the numbers ordered.
7. Final numbers of guests must be notified to us in writing no later than 14 days prior to the event. After this time if the numbers increase by up to 10 this can normally be accommodated, but this is not guaranteed, and allowances can not be made if the numbers drop.
8. For a function at an external venue travel charges may apply.
9. Gratuities are at your discretion.
10. Unless agreed otherwise in writing the only services that the Company agrees to provide to you are the services specified in your catering package which you have agreed to in writing.
11. Our contract with you for the provision of services will be concluded when you complete the Booking Form and your non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is cleared funds in our bank account.
12. JGLS Catering is not responsible for the safe keeping of clients’ valuables, personal belongings and gifts and we recommend that all personal items are taken home with you at the end of your event.
13. JGLS catering cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to clients’ wedding cakes.
1. All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of £150 (inc vat) for wedding receptions is required to be made to us in cleared funds, along with a completed booking form, before your booking is confirmed. The balance of the Price will be due 4 weeks prior to the event unless a credit arrangement has been made.
3. For other events a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit must be paid in cleared funds before your booking is confirmed, along with a completed booking form, which will be quoted based on the overall Price for the event. The balance of the Price will be due 4 weeks prior the event unless a credit arrangement has been made.
4. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, payment cards and BACS transfer. (Credit card payments are subject to 2.6% charge and American Express cards are subject to 3% charge) 5. Please make cheques payable to JGLS Catering and send to Jonathon Gardiner, JGLS Catering, 63 mill lane, Aylsham, Norwich, Norfolk, NR11 6Wa The Company reserves the right to charge interest (at the higher of the rate of 8% and the rate specified from time to time in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act on late payments).
JGLS Catering reserves the right to cancel any function or event for any of the following reasons: a) If the client or JGLS Catering becomes insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership. b) If the event may prejudice the reputation or cause damage to JGLS Catering.
In any of these situations JGLS Catering will refund any payments made in advance, but will have no further liability to the client.
The following cancellation charges will be applied, which reflect the costs and expenses we may incur on your behalf as the function date nears, and the reduced time available to us to obtain any alternative bookings:
1. The Deposit paid is non-refundable, non-transferable regardless of the length of time prior to the event you decide to cancel.
2. Cancellation between twelve months and six months prior to the event – you will owe us 50% of the total contract package price
3. Cancellation between six months and three months prior to the event – you will owe us 75% of the total contract package price.
4. Cancellation between three months and the event date – you will owe us 100% of the total contract package price.
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Only once written cancellation is received will the cancellation become effective.